Leopard is one of those prints that is really a fashion staple, although it seems to come in and out every few years. Well, it’s in again for the fall/winter 2010 season, and in a big way. Designers are peppering everything with it, so American Chic‘s Leopard Print Tassel Hobo is dropping at the absolute perfect time.
American Chic Leopard Print Tassel Hobo
($70, American Chic)
Vahni & Her American Chic Leopard Print Tassel Hobo
As I mention in my video review, I’ve been scouring the ‘net for affordable leopard bags, without much luck. There is a lot out there in the $1.200 to $2.900 range, but not much for the everyday person. This bag is a fun, irreverent leopard piece that is like an instant wardrobe update, and for only $70.
What I loved about this bag—other than its generous size and useful interior pockets—is the braided tassel detail, and the gold hardware. At-a-glance, the bag looks luxe, and makes a statement. Without the tassels and gleaming gold, I might not be so enamored. They really take this bag to the next level, and are the kind of details a synthetic bag should have to keep it from looking cheap.
The American Chic Leopard Print Tassel Hobo is a fantastic—and practically foolproof—way to cost-effectively work some leopard into your wardrobe. I think the bag will hold up fine for a season or two of regular use, perhaps longer. It is also a nice alternative for those who are opposed to wearing animal fur, but really want a bag covered in this vibrant, glamorous pattern.
- Will never show a speck of dirt.
- Fun, on trend, inexpensive. Great animal-friendly alternative to calf-hair leopard print print bags.
- Roomy, cloth-lined interior with three pockets. Big enough to fit a laptop in.
- A large bag; may be overpowering for petite women.
- Seams near the strap look a little fragile, like they might tear with repeated, heavy use.
- Synthetic material is a little plasticky, though texture on the surface does make it more believable.
(The bag has been provided to Vahni for review)