Most people would probably say the metallic detailing by the toes is what makes these L.A.M.B. pumps stand out, but for me, that’s just a little extra somethin’. Because what I love most about these heels is the double buckle and the cut-outs on the side. I think they add interest and it’s what really sets this style aside from other pumps. If you think otherwise, we can agree to disagree…
L.A.M.B. “Roderick” Pumps
Miss Me Onyx-4 Pumps
…about the L.A.M.B. pumps that is, but we can pick up the same discusson about these Miss Me pumps because they are so close to the L.A.M.B. heels. Miss Me does a great job of bringing all the style at a fraction of the price. Great for day or night, the only problem is choosing a color since these are available in beige, black, brown & green.
Miss Me Onyx-4 Pumps
I jumped on the skinny cargo movement a couple months back, so you know I just adore Leighton Meester in this utilitarian look. I didn’t think skinny cargos could be flattering, but the more I see them on, the more I am proved wrong. Leighton’s look may be neutral, but it’s anything but boring. And the best part is it is so easy to recreate, as you can see below.
Leighton Meester’s Laid-Back Look 4 Less
- BLOUSE: GUESS Page Top – Cocoa Voile, $59
- SUNGLASSES: Cheap Monday New Night Watch Sunglasses, $30
- NECKLACE: ASOS Rhinestone Encrusted Angel Wing Long Pendant, $13.48
- PANTS: Sanctuary “Peace” Skinny Leg Belted Cargo Pants, $78.90
- NAIL POLISH: OPI Bullish On Opi Nail Polish, $2.65
- WATCH: ASOS Oversized Metal Boyfriend Style Watch, $20.21
- BANGLE: Nordstrom Domed Bangle, $13.90
- LIP GLOSS: L’Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipgloss in Coral Sands, $9.99
- BAG: Pieces Quilted Barrel Bag, $50.54
- SHOES: Charles Albert 1101 Platform Sandals, $34.95
|Where?||On set of Gossip Girl, New York|
|When?||July 26, 2010|
|What?||Dolan Miss Sally Blouse, Derek Lam Star Quilted Blanche bag, Derek Lam Odesa Lace-up Sandals|
Looking at all the popular style blogs nowadays makes me realize that a lot of them lack color and feminity which I find rather sad because I value both in terms of how I define my own style. What happened to flirty dresses in vibrant, fun colors? I’m not talking going all vintage vixen, but it seems a lot of girls aim for the “cool laid-back”-style by opting for baggy, oversized clothing in something between gray to black. I might have no right to critize other people’s personal taste, but c’mon mix things up a little! I don’t want get a depression from checking your blog. Apropos, can you imagine getting depressed by these feminine ModCloth dresses? I don’t think so. Just looking at them makes me happy. And they come in all those pretty, vibrant colors (including your standard boring black). I want!
ModCloth Soda Fountain Dress
I love the idea of Fab Friday 5. All week long I want, I want, I want and then the next week starts and usually I want, I want, I want five new things so this feature is perfect (I’m pretty sure Irina, Vahni and Vanessa are all with me on that one). I initially tried to stick with a theme, but then thought, screw it, my taste is all over the place and that’s OK! There’s some color, some jewelry, some alcohol and some shoes. Here are a few of my favorite things from this week…
- LOFT Flutter Silk Dress, $128 – I’ve been obsessed with this dress for the better part of a week. I LOVE how LOFT styled it up with a rugged brown belt. I plan to do the same with mine. Because I obviously have no will power. I planned on waiting for a sale but nope. Too weak.
- Baybreeze Cocktail, $5-15 – I thought about including food as one of my FF5 items, but forget it, it’s too hot to think about food. Let’s think about drinks. I mean it is Friday after all, and as they say, it’s always 5pm somewhere. I present the Baybreeze. A delicious, oh so summery drink with vodka, cranberry and pineapple juice. It’s my go-to summer drink.
- Anthropologie Higgledy-Piggledy Pencil Skirt, $148 – OK, I know it’s a bazillion degrees out right now, but pretend it’s a cool 55. Now picture yourself wearing this skirt. So cute, right? It probably tops my wish list at the moment and we all know that’s no small feat. I love the asymmetrical buttons. I want to wear this with a silky, flouncy blouse and deep purple tights.
- Silver Multi-Chain Shoulder Necklace Harness, $49.99 – I’m know I’m not exactly being cutting edge with this (these shoulder chains have been around since 2009 – duh) but I had to include this because I am currently lusting over body jewelry. I haven’t bought one yet but it’s only because I’m waiting for the perfect one to enter my life. Tick tock…
- J.Crew Tilly Satin Two-tone Platform Heels, $325 – J.Crew isn’t necessarily the first place I’d turn to when looking for a new pair of shoes, but I have to admit that I sat in front of my computer drooling over their Fall arrivals. It was hard to choose just one pair to feature here, but I just love these “Tilly” two-tone heels. They will look ah-mazing with colored, patterned tights. I pray for a sale. And now on to the next five!