Leopard is one of those prints that is really a fashion staple, although it seems to come in and out every few years. Well, it’s in again for the fall/winter 2010 season, and in a big way. Designers are peppering everything with it, so American Chic‘s Leopard Print Tassel Hobo is dropping at the absolute perfect time.
American Chic Leopard Print Tassel Hobo
($70, American Chic)
Vahni & Her American Chic Leopard Print Tassel Hobo
As I mention in my video review, I’ve been scouring the ‘net for affordable leopard bags, without much luck. There is a lot out there in the $1.200 to $2.900 range, but not much for the everyday person. This bag is a fun, irreverent leopard piece that is like an instant wardrobe update, and for only $70.
What I loved about this bag—other than its generous size and useful interior pockets—is the braided tassel detail, and the gold hardware. At-a-glance, the bag looks luxe, and makes a statement. Without the tassels and gleaming gold, I might not be so enamored. They really take this bag to the next level, and are the kind of details a synthetic bag should have to keep it from looking cheap.
The American Chic Leopard Print Tassel Hobo is a fantastic—and practically foolproof—way to cost-effectively work some leopard into your wardrobe. I think the bag will hold up fine for a season or two of regular use, perhaps longer. It is also a nice alternative for those who are opposed to wearing animal fur, but really want a bag covered in this vibrant, glamorous pattern.
- Will never show a speck of dirt.
- Fun, on trend, inexpensive. Great animal-friendly alternative to calf-hair leopard print print bags.
- Roomy, cloth-lined interior with three pockets. Big enough to fit a laptop in.
- A large bag; may be overpowering for petite women.
- Seams near the strap look a little fragile, like they might tear with repeated, heavy use.
- Synthetic material is a little plasticky, though texture on the surface does make it more believable.
|Look||Our Rating: |
|Quality||Our Rating: |
|Wearability||Our Rating: |
|Price||Our Rating: |
|Overall||Our Overall Rating: |
(The bag has been provided to Vahni for review)
HOT DEAL: Use promo code “25FORYOU” to get $25 off your order of $150 at bebe!
Here’s a great deal to get you in the right mood for the weekend. bebe slash off $25 of your purchase of $150 and throw in free shipping, too! Now that’s a cool promo, isn’t it? Simply enter code “25FORYOU” at checkout and you’re good. If you need some shopping suggestions: we recently wrote about two hot bebe shoe styles: the ultimately sexy Iris (a.k.a. YSL 4 less) or the hot pink suede Neve (a.k.a. Sergio Rossi on a budget). You’re welcome!
Shop bebe.com now!
Image source(s): bebe
When I heard about Fab Fridays, I was psyched. Super psyched. Why? Well, when I love things, I love them hard. Head over heels, obsessive kind of love. If it’s food, I eat it until I can’t look at it anymore. If it’s a type of clothes, I fill my closet with it until it’s out of style. So you can imagine the speed at which I immediately came up with my list… then spent an hour cutting it down.
- Popbar, NYC, $3.99 – As a kid, I loved ices. As an adult – same story. So of course, Popbar is one of my favorite stops in NYC – fresh made fruit ices and homemade gelato all on a stick with delicious toppings. Definitely try the coconut half dipped in milk chocolate.
- Pretty Little Liars – I’m a sucker for a good teenage TV drama and this one lives up to my expectations. Pretty Little Liars is about 4 girls dealing with life, love and the mysterious murder of their best friend. I never thought something on ABC Family could scare me silly!
- Magnes Sisters Dancing in the Streets Bag, $312 – I bought this bag in smokey grey as a birthday gift for myself. I said it was for fall. Well, it’s July and 94 degrees and I’ve carried it almost everyday since. The shape is stylish, but professional and unique with great fold-over detail. My iPad slides in perfectly and I love the extendable strap to wear it messenger style.
- Keds Champion in Silver Metallic, $45 – Just like I swore I’d never wear leggings again… Keds are back, too. I’m loving the Champion style in silver metallic. They look great with dresses and shorts, plus they make we want to hit the playground during recess. Ahhhh, nostalgia!
- Rain Couture Rain Bag, $35 – These last few weeks we’ve had some amazing unexpected and brief thunderstorms. I love how the sky can fall for a few minutes and then be back to sunshine. The only problem is when I’m outside with nowhere to stash my designer purse. Rain Couture has seriously saved me this summer! I keep my clear bag inside my expensive bag for these emergency situations.
YSL. In my head, that stands for yummy shoes, love!—and these Essentiel T-Strap Sandals by Yves Saint Laurent are a stellar example why. Have you ever seen a heel like that? Totally swoon-worthy. And with a price tag of $895 it’s not just the heel that has me gasping for air. Dang!
Yves Saint Laurent Essentiel T-Strap Sandals
Kate Hudson Loves YSL
bebe “Iris” Architectural Sandals
Question: Is it blasphemy to think a bebe sandal looks better than the shoe it was inspired by? Because if loving the bebe “Iris” Architectural Sandal more than YSL is wrong, I don’t want to be right. Although Iris is not a t-strap, she does have that architectural heel, and blessings be, the price is also well under two bills. From the moment I spotted this shoe it has been haunting me. I waitlisted myself for it, got my notification, and they are currently en route to me. If they look half as good in real life, you’ll be seeing them again in a photo…on my feet. Available in dark gold and black.
bebe “Iris” Architectural Sandals