Sometimes it doesn’t take a designer shoe for another shoe company to knock it off. Case in point: Steve Madden‘s $90 platform pump which has been copied by Bamboo who offer an almost identical twin for $30 (that’s about 60% less than the originals). You can thank us later, now get your credit cards out and start shopping because many sizes are already gone.
Image source(s): Amazon, LuLu*s
TGIF! The InTheirCloset team wants to wish you a happy, happy Friday hopefully to be followed by an equally wonderful and relaxed weekend. Fab Friday 5 will be a new weekly feature where the ITC team members will highlight their favorite 5 things from last week. This week’s my turn. I hope you will enjoy my finds and obsessions.
- ModCloth No Predica-mint Belt, $34.99 – I’m currently obsessed with the color mint and have already done a post on my Mint Must-Haves. If I had known about this mint studded belt when I first wrote the post you bet I would’ve included it.
- McDonald’s Hot Caramel Sundae, $1 – OK, this is totally unrelated to fashion, but can I just say how much I LOOOVE the hot caramel sundae from McDonald’s? It’s cheap, delicious and your hands are always sticky no matter how much you try not to mess with your ice cream. Perfect summer treat!
- ASOS Hinged Metal Armour Ring, $16.85 – Ever since Vahni showed off her kickass BCBG hinged ring I’ve been on what seems an endless hunt for statement finger jewelry. My ultimate Holy Grail of hinged rings would have to be the Vivienne Westwood Armour Ring and I’m already saving up for this $260 obsession (helloooooo birthday present!), but for now this ASOS ring will do.
- Zoya Nail Polish in “Charla”, $5-7 – Nail polish is one of my new found passions and I’ve managed to accumulate quite a nice collection over the last few months. Zoya’s mermaid turquoise “Charla” glitter nail polish from the Sparkle collection is probably the prettiest color I’ve seen this summer. You think it looks awesome in the bottle? Then check out how AHHHHH-MAZ-ING it looks on the nails at All Lacquered Up. Absolutely gorgeous!
- ASOS HARBOUR Striped Wedges, $37.06 – OK, you didn’t really think a shoemaniac like me could end a favorites list WITHOUT mentioning at least one pair of shoes, did you? I’m so in love with these summery striped wedges by ASOS. In fact, they were one of the reasons I couldn’t go shopping-free this month as I originally planned to. But how is one supposed to resist a 40% reduction? D’uh!
If there’s one thing we’re going to see a lot of this fall, it’s going to be sheepskin-lined leather jackets as presented by Christopher Bailey for Burberry Prorsum‘s Fall 2010 collection. We’ve already seen first previews of this trend in H&M’s and Topshop’s Fall lookbooks, but UK fast fashion chain New Look is the first to launch these kind of jackets in the heat of July. I ♥ this one and at £40 (approx. $62) it’s unbelievably light on the wallet. Did I mention their US shipping rates are quite budget-friendly, too? Go figure.
If you’ve taken notice of some fashion forward ladies this summer, then you have seen the emergence of what is going to stylishly take the world by storm this fall: military chic. If you’re picturing obnoxious camo and intense patchwork, you couldn’t be more mistaken. This style will be defined by the khaki colors and simple fabrics (canvas, cotton, leather, parachute) – all understated, but in no-nonsense silhouettes with some perfectly placed buttons. Not too long ago we featured this Balmain collection, clearly ahead of its time Runway to Real Way – Balmain S/S 2010 Military Chic
Image source(s): EXPRESS, Amazon
Budget Look is a new feature I’m introducing to InTheirCloset.com – it will be a regular feature where we put together whole outfits with affordable items trying to keep the total of the look under $200. The first budget look is revolved around a beautiful celery green summer dress I found on LuLu*s yesterday. It’s a color we don’t see often: a pastel light green with yellow undertones. While thinking about which color would compliment it yellow naturally popped up in my mind. Too bad yellow doesn’t get much recognition, it’s such an underestimated color. I guess people shy away from it because it stands out so much, but isn’t there a more perfect time to wear it than summer? The whole look comes in at a reasonable $161.99. Not too bad, right?
Image source(s): LuLu*s, Kohl’s, Amazon