Let’s be honest: while we all love shopping for those extravagant, one-of-a-kind statement pieces, in everyday life we’ll most likely reach for just a couple of our favorite basic, proven items. That one great fitting jeans that makes your bottom look all nice and round, that perfect nude pump that elongates your legs and goes with everything, that comfy white tee you bought like 5 years ago that still doesn’t show any signs of wear. Now basics might not be the most exciting things to shop for, but they’re crucially important for the versatility and combinability of your wardrobe. While recently browsing the newest arrivals at Joe’s Jeans online, I noticed they have a great selection of simple but beautiful basics to offer, so I picked out my favorites to share with you. And while we’re on the subject of Joe’s, have you already heard about their new #HELLO jeans? It’s the first jeans that charges your iPhone on the go. Awesome idea, right? What technology can accomplish these days.
- Joe’s “Isla” Tie Front Tank Top, $48
- Joe’s “Willet” Straw Hat, $87.50
- Joe’s “Gong” Pointed-Toe Pumps, $135
- Joe’s #HELLO Mid Rise Skinny Jeans, $189
- Joe’s “Charlie” High Rise Rolled Denim Shorts, $145
- Joe’s “Billie” Distressed Slim Boyfriend Jeans, $225
- Joe’s Box Chain Clutch Bag, $225
- Joe’s “Inquire” Flat T-Strap Sandals, $99
- Joe’s Delicate Pavé X Ring, $132
- Joe’s Cashmere-Blend Summer Scarf, $78
Image source(s): Joe’s Jeans
I really wish I would be more of a DIY person because there are so many great fashion DIY tutorials out there and while I would love to try many of them, I simply have to come to terms that my crafts talent is limited. However, those Valentino “Rockstud” DIYs I think even I could handle because they really mostly just require to find a similar shoe and glueing a couple of pyramid studs on it. Doesn’t sound too hard to me. So how about this Valentino Rockstud DIY tutorial then? Banana Republic‘s “Rosella” sandal looks a lot like Valentino’s non-studded little sister and would be just perfect for a Valentino Rockstud DIY project, don’t you think?
Image source(s): Saks Fifth Avenue, Banana Republic, Amazon
Lately, I’ve been obsessed with soft, flesh-toned colors such as blush pink. There’s something so quintessentially feminine about that color that makes me want to turn my wardrobe into an altar for everything blush. So when I happened to come across this gorgeous nude-colored draped jersey skirt by Rachel Pally, I simply had to create a blush-toned look around it. I went full on matchy-matchy with this outfit which might be a bit too much for some, but I totally love it. Do you?
Image source(s): Shopbop, Ulta, bebe, Macy’s, BaubleBar, BagInc
When scouring the big interwebs for designer dupes I automatically stumble upon many great budget finds that aren’t designer-inspired (or at least not that I would notice) and hence don’t get the same attention and love on this blog as the steal finds which, of course, is a shame. That’s why I like to occasionally highlight my favorite budget finds from time to time. ‘Nuff said, enjoy my list and let me know if you have any must-have adds of your own.
- HIGH HEELS: Express Rope Lace Up Strappy Runway Sandals, $98
- SUNGLASSES: ALDO “Kalian” Mirrored Sunglasses, $12
- NECKLACE: BaubleBar Gold Kocoum Bib Necklace, $48
- JEANS: Forever 21 Distressed Boyfriend Ankle Jeans, $24.90
- BAG: Forever 21 Studded Faux Leather Crossbody Bag, $24.90
- SKIRT: GoJane Tutu Good To Be True Tulle Maxi Skirt, $56
- FLATS: Accessorize “Hoxton” Statement Gem Sandals, $68
- RING: Accessorize Evil Eye Ring, $23
- BAG: Street Level Vegan Leather Bucket Bag, $48
- CUFF: BaubleBar Gold Ladder Cuff, $32
- BOOTS: GoJane Off The Fringes Faux Suede Booties, $33.70
Image source(s): Aldo, Express, Forever 21, BaubleBar, GoJane, Accessorize, Nordstrom
Image source(s): Net-A-Porter, Christian Louboutin, StyleTread