Dolce Gabbana‘s Spring 2015 Collection has been by far one of my absolute favorites in the last five to ten years. Now I’ve always been a huge fan of Italian design duo Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, but S/S 2015 was especially outstandingly beautiful! All of the looks were so extravagant, so feminine, so sensual, so bold! Those floral embroideries combined with delicate lace and luxurious silks? Pure heaven! But that beauty, of course, came with a price. A skirt from that collection for example would sell for an astronomical price of $12.500, a mini dress went for roughly $10.000. With prices that high, there wasn’t even the slightest thought of purchasing possible.
Dolce Gabbana Spring 2015 Collection
Nasty Gal does Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2015
Then a few days ago I happened to stumble upon a few pieces on Nasty Gal that somehow looked all too familiar. And after a few seconds it suddenly hit me: Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2015, of course! I mean, just look at the model’s hair and makeup! Totally obvious! The designs themselves aren’t spot-on dupes, but close enough to pretend you’re a sultry Italian duchess. Some of the pieces have already sold out of many sizes, so lightning-fast shopping is advised.
- Nasty Gal Sworn to Secrecy Embroidered Top + Skirt, $98/$148
- Nasty Gal Midnight Garden Mini Dress, $158
- Nasty Gal Sworn to Secrecy Embroidered Dress, $128
- Nasty Gal Jewel of Hard Rocks Mini Skirt, $200
- Nasty Gal Sworn to Secrecy Embroidered Romper, $168
- Nasty Gal Lace Up Close Sheer Dress, $98
Image source(s): Vogue, Nasty Gal
Image source(s): Sam Edelman, H&M
Lately, I’ve been obsessed with soft, flesh-toned colors such as blush pink. There’s something so quintessentially feminine about that color that makes me want to turn my wardrobe into an altar for everything blush. So when I happened to come across this gorgeous nude-colored draped jersey skirt by Rachel Pally, I simply had to create a blush-toned look around it. I went full on matchy-matchy with this outfit which might be a bit too much for some, but I totally love it. Do you?
Image source(s): Shopbop, Ulta, bebe, Macy’s, BaubleBar, BagInc
When scouring the big interwebs for designer dupes I automatically stumble upon many great budget finds that aren’t designer-inspired (or at least not that I would notice) and hence don’t get the same attention and love on this blog as the steal finds which, of course, is a shame. That’s why I like to occasionally highlight my favorite budget finds from time to time. ‘Nuff said, enjoy my list and let me know if you have any must-have adds of your own.
- HIGH HEELS: Express Rope Lace Up Strappy Runway Sandals, $98
- SUNGLASSES: ALDO “Kalian” Mirrored Sunglasses, $12
- NECKLACE: BaubleBar Gold Kocoum Bib Necklace, $48
- JEANS: Forever 21 Distressed Boyfriend Ankle Jeans, $24.90
- BAG: Forever 21 Studded Faux Leather Crossbody Bag, $24.90
- SKIRT: GoJane Tutu Good To Be True Tulle Maxi Skirt, $56
- FLATS: Accessorize “Hoxton” Statement Gem Sandals, $68
- RING: Accessorize Evil Eye Ring, $23
- BAG: Street Level Vegan Leather Bucket Bag, $48
- CUFF: BaubleBar Gold Ladder Cuff, $32
- BOOTS: GoJane Off The Fringes Faux Suede Booties, $33.70
Image source(s): Aldo, Express, Forever 21, BaubleBar, GoJane, Accessorize, Nordstrom
You can love or hate Kim Kardashian all you want, but there’s no denying that some of her outfits are absolutely superb! I’m not quite sure if this is mainly due to Kim having a really good stylist, but whatever it is, it works, so please don’t stop, Kimmy! Case in point: Kim’s body-con getup at Teyana Taylor’s VII Listening Party which consisted of a creamy white high-waist pencil skirt, a matching tight turtleneck sweater, taupe heels, soft waves and understated makeup. Doesn’t she look just perfect here? The sex appeal of this outfit lies within the curvaceous silhouette while the high-necked top and midi-length skirt bring some much needed elegance and class to Kim’s look. The minute I spotted this gorgeous outfit of Kim, I knew I would have to do a look 4 less of it. Soooo, what do you think? Is my budget-friendly take on Kim’s look on point or not so much?
Kim Kardashian’s Body-Con White High Waist Pencil Skirt Look 4 Less
|Where?||Teyana Taylor’s VII Listening Party in Hollywood, California|
|When?||October 20, 2014|