This look of Kristin Cavallari maybe not one of her most recent ones, but I still remember it quite well because I really liked how she mixed the feminine nude lace tank with a sharp black leather pencil skirt, a few key jewelry pieces in gold and neutral accessories (bag + clutch). Check out my budget-friendly take on Kristin’s look below.
Kristin Cavallari’s Lace & Leather Look 4 Less
|Where?||“Unite Unveiled: Gen Art’s Fresh Faces in Fashion” Event in West Hollywood, California|
|When?||September 29, 2010|
|What?||The Reformation “Turner” Lace Top, Topshop Leather Pencil Skirt & Brian Atwood Maniac Platform Pumps|
Alexis Bledel is one of my secret style crushes. She is not a red carpet regular, but whenever I see pictures of her attending an event she’s always looking radiant and absolutely flawless. A few days ago Alexis came out to an ELLE Fashion Event looking beautiful as always in a crisp white sleeveless blouse and a grey wool skirt which she set off with an oversized leopard clutch and hot red satin platforms by Charlotte Olympia. This look perfectly shows how important accessories are. If you’re wearing basic pieces make sure to add a few bold accessories to make your outfit pop.
Alexis Bledel’s Look 4 Less
While I hate to kiss summer goodbye, I have to admit that Shopbop is making it quite easy to welcome fall and the colder weather by giving us the best of fall fashion. Looking at their latest arrivals I once again found a ton of covetable things I’d love to add to my closet. If money were no object this is what I’d get to update my fall wardrobe…
- Daughters of the Revolution Kitty Dress, $232
- Elie Tahari Camilia Jacket, $498
- Charlotte Ronson Raina Buckled Booties, $250
- Rebecca Taylor Belted Ruffle Coat, $595
- Wendy Nichol Bird’s Eye Ring, $255
- Jenni Kayne Godet Miniskirt, $350
- Vena Cava Filament Dress, $585
- Dolce Vita Crystal Dress, $210
- Mason by Michelle Mason Leather Sleeve Dress, $374
I love the idea of Fab Friday 5. All week long I want, I want, I want and then the next week starts and usually I want, I want, I want five new things so this feature is perfect (I’m pretty sure Irina, Vahni and Vanessa are all with me on that one). I initially tried to stick with a theme, but then thought, screw it, my taste is all over the place and that’s OK! There’s some color, some jewelry, some alcohol and some shoes. Here are a few of my favorite things from this week…
- LOFT Flutter Silk Dress, $128 – I’ve been obsessed with this dress for the better part of a week. I LOVE how LOFT styled it up with a rugged brown belt. I plan to do the same with mine. Because I obviously have no will power. I planned on waiting for a sale but nope. Too weak.
- Baybreeze Cocktail, $5-15 – I thought about including food as one of my FF5 items, but forget it, it’s too hot to think about food. Let’s think about drinks. I mean it is Friday after all, and as they say, it’s always 5pm somewhere. I present the Baybreeze. A delicious, oh so summery drink with vodka, cranberry and pineapple juice. It’s my go-to summer drink.
- Anthropologie Higgledy-Piggledy Pencil Skirt, $148 – OK, I know it’s a bazillion degrees out right now, but pretend it’s a cool 55. Now picture yourself wearing this skirt. So cute, right? It probably tops my wish list at the moment and we all know that’s no small feat. I love the asymmetrical buttons. I want to wear this with a silky, flouncy blouse and deep purple tights.
- Silver Multi-Chain Shoulder Necklace Harness, $49.99 – I’m know I’m not exactly being cutting edge with this (these shoulder chains have been around since 2009 – duh) but I had to include this because I am currently lusting over body jewelry. I haven’t bought one yet but it’s only because I’m waiting for the perfect one to enter my life. Tick tock…
- J.Crew Tilly Satin Two-tone Platform Heels, $325 – J.Crew isn’t necessarily the first place I’d turn to when looking for a new pair of shoes, but I have to admit that I sat in front of my computer drooling over their Fall arrivals. It was hard to choose just one pair to feature here, but I just love these “Tilly” two-tone heels. They will look ah-mazing with colored, patterned tights. I pray for a sale. And now on to the next five!