TGIF! The InTheirCloset team wants to wish you a happy, happy Friday hopefully to be followed by an equally wonderful and relaxed weekend. Fab Friday 5 will be a new weekly feature where the ITC team members will highlight their favorite 5 things from last week. This week’s my turn. I hope you will enjoy my finds and obsessions.
- ModCloth No Predica-mint Belt, $34.99 – I’m currently obsessed with the color mint and have already done a post on my Mint Must-Haves. If I had known about this mint studded belt when I first wrote the post you bet I would’ve included it.
- McDonald’s Hot Caramel Sundae, $1 – OK, this is totally unrelated to fashion, but can I just say how much I LOOOVE the hot caramel sundae from McDonald’s? It’s cheap, delicious and your hands are always sticky no matter how much you try not to mess with your ice cream. Perfect summer treat!
- ASOS Hinged Metal Armour Ring, $16.85 – Ever since Vahni showed off her kickass BCBG hinged ring I’ve been on what seems an endless hunt for statement finger jewelry. My ultimate Holy Grail of hinged rings would have to be the Vivienne Westwood Armour Ring and I’m already saving up for this $260 obsession (helloooooo birthday present!), but for now this ASOS ring will do.
- Zoya Nail Polish in “Charla”, $5-7 – Nail polish is one of my new found passions and I’ve managed to accumulate quite a nice collection over the last few months. Zoya’s mermaid turquoise “Charla” glitter nail polish from the Sparkle collection is probably the prettiest color I’ve seen this summer. You think it looks awesome in the bottle? Then check out how AHHHHH-MAZ-ING it looks on the nails at All Lacquered Up. Absolutely gorgeous!
- ASOS HARBOUR Striped Wedges, $37.06 – OK, you didn’t really think a shoemaniac like me could end a favorites list WITHOUT mentioning at least one pair of shoes, did you? I’m so in love with these summery striped wedges by ASOS. In fact, they were one of the reasons I couldn’t go shopping-free this month as I originally planned to. But how is one supposed to resist a 40% reduction? D’uh!
It’s unbelievably hot & sunny here right now which of course is a good thing unless you have to work in that windless summer heat. That’s why I do everything I can to stay cool & hydrated by taking cold showers every couple hours and drinking lots of cold peppermint tea which led me to the idea to do a feature on the color mint since it’s such a great shade for the summer. Check out my mint must-haves to stay cool in the heat:
- DRESS: LuLu*s I Mint I Can Dress, $43
- SCARF: ModCloth Mint to Be Scarf, $17.99
- SUNGLASSES: Topshop Flat Top Plastic Sunglasses, $30
- SHOES: Nina “Electra” Satin Sandals, $89.95
- BAG: ASOS Oversized Pleat Pushlock Clutch, $30.44
- SHAMPOO: Philosophy Mint Chocolate Chip 3-in-1, $16.99
- LIP BALM: eos Lip Balm Stick in Sweet Mint, $3.49
- NAIL POLISH: Essie Nail Polish in Mint Candy Apple, $5.68
- BRACELET: Forever 21 Elastic Bead Bracelet, $2.80
- SANDALS: Topshop “FRANCES” Stud Sandals, $70
Image source(s): LuLu*s, ModCloth, Topshop, ASOS, Amazon, drugstore.com, Forever 21
OK; here’s a really, really amazing deal for all the beauty-obsessed gals out there: e.l.f. cosmetics is turning 6 this month and they are celebrating it with an all out 60% OFF blowout bash today!
With coupon code “SIXTY“, customers will receive 60% OFF every item on the site. No, this is not a typo. 60% OFF! This crazy sale will only last 6 hours though, so you better hurry to profit from this amazing promotion. A minimum purchase of $25 is required for the coupon to work.
I know that here at InTheirCloset we have both Kardashian friends and foes. I have to admit that I generally fall into the latter category. Yes, they are beautiful girls, but they often end up looking a little more klassy than classy if you know what I mean. Occasionally, though, they actually put together looks that I find not only passable but *gasp* cute.
Exhibit A: Khloe Kardashian showed up to the Naven And Boulee Fashion Event in L.A. last year wearing the designer’s super fun hot pink mini skirt. Hot pink is certainly not for the faint of heart, but I think it was a perfect statment-making piece on a summer day. I also really dug her cut-out sandals. For a cheaper version of Khloe’s look, take a look at our picks below. I’m especially in love with the skirt – I love the slight paper-bag style waist!
|Where?||Naven And Boulee Fashion Event, Los Angeles|
|When?||June 30, 2009|
|What?||Naven Skinny Mini Skirt in pink, Giuseppe Zanotti I90115 sandal booties, CC Skye bangle|
Khloe Kardashian’s Pink Skirt Look 4 Less